What was life like during the early years of the war, 1939-41?
= Initial Impact =
- At first war had little effect
- Bitzkrieg ( lifhtning war) brought quick victories - new supplies + raw materials, e.g. Gold
- Hitler very popular
- Germany followed policy of autarky (self-sufficiency) - controlling supplies of food.
- Rationing introduced in 1939 - 2/5 Germans following a healthier diet
- Member of Hitler youth helping out, e.g. Collecting metal
- All sections of community encouraged to take part in…