- Treaty of Versailles
- Germans felt it was a harsh deal - resented the Government for signing and agreeing to it. (Germans began to call the government "The November Criminals" for signing the armistice).
- Violent revolts and serious economic problems
- 1920 - Kapp Putsch (a small rebellion against a government)- rebellion from right-wing opponents, aimed to set up a new government, angry at the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, led by Dr Wolfgang Kapp
- Nationalist terror groups assasinated over 300 politians
- Communist uprisings, wanted to bring in a Russian-style communist government (e.g. the execution of Tsar Nicholas II and his family, Bolsheviks, ovethrew the government.)