- Primary focus: sexuality = sexual orientation, sexual identity
- language is the expressions used in various languages to label and categorize people on the basis of their sexual identity
Is there a Gay language? or voice?
- Homosexual slang eg. Dyke, *****, Kiki
- Slight lisp, melodity, nasaly?
- Not enough studies to show that this is actually proven. Other studies found no correlation
- Not all gay men have “the voice”, and not everyone who has “the voice” is gay
Constructing a Lesbian Identity
- Draw stereotypes from within and from outside the community