(notes from the CGP books)
- All waves can be reflected, refracted and diffracted.
- When waves meet an obstacle, their direction of travel might change:
1) the waves might be reflected.
2) They could be refracted-which is where they go through a new material but change direction.
3) Or they could be diffracted- the waves 'bend round' obstacles, causing the waves to spread out.
- When waves hit a boundary between one medium and another, they are partially reflected.
- The angle of reflection of the waves is the same as the angle at which the wave hits the boundary. These angels are always measured from the normal.
- Waves travel…