- Created by: April_Higgin
- Created on: 15-04-14 17:28
- Light produces interference and diffraction patterns.
- This can only be explained by using waves constuctivly and destructivly interfering.
- Einstein explained the photoelectric effect by modelling light as a particle (the photon)
- If a photon of light acts as a discrete bundle of energy it can interact with an electron one-on-one
- All the energy of the photon is given to the electron.
Wave-particle duality (de Broglie)
- If 'wave like' light showed particle properties (photons), 'particles' like electrons should be expected to show wave like properties.
- The de Broglie equation relates a wave property (λ) to a moving particle property (mv).
- The de Broglie wave of a partice can be interpereted as a 'probability wave'.