- Created by: nicole beaumont
- Created on: 22-09-18 17:22
THE TREATMENT OF WATER TO MAKE IT POTABLE
1. Water enters water treatment. Passes through metal bars (screening) where they catch twigs and leaves
2.It then enters the settlement tank where sand and soil settle out.
3. Aluminum sulphate and lime is added to the water. Small particles of dirt clump together and sink.
4. It then passes through a filter made of fine sand and gravel which removes any remaining particles of mud. The water is now classed as clean
5. Although the water is clean it may…