The main features of the NEP were;
· Grain requisitioning would be stopped. Peasants would give a fixed amount of grain to the government as a tax. Surplus grain could be sold in the markets for profit.
· Traders could buy and sell good. This had been illegal during War Communism.
· Small factories producing consumer goods were returned to their original owners who were allowed to sell their goods for a profit.
· Larger industries remained under state control i.e. coal, steel and transport.
POSITIVES OF THE NEP
· As part of the NEP there was a large increase in the amount of electricity produced from 0.5 billion kWh in 1921 to 5…