Living organisms come in a wide variety of forms. Biology classifies living organismso on the basis of their structure and how they function.
- Smallest living things
- Cannot be seen with a light microscope, only with an electron microscope.
- Only reproduce inside the cells of other living organisms
- Have a protein coat
- Genetic material containing dna, or rna (ribonucleic acid)
- Examples include HIV, Tobaccoo Mosaic Virus (causes discolouration of plant leaves)
- Often single celled or can be clumped together
- Visible with a light…