Your Immune System deals with Pathogens
- Pathogens are micro-organisms that cause disease
- There are 2 differrent white blood cells you need to know about: phagocytes and lymphocytes.
Phagocytes ingest Pathogens
- Phagocytes detect things that are not suppose to be in you body.
- They engulf the pathogens and then digest them.
Lymphocytes Produce Antibodies
- Every pathogen has a unique molecule called antigens on it's surface.
- Lymphocytes produce protiens called antibodies that can stop every pathogens with different antigens by making them.
- They produce quite quickly
- They produce memory cells so if that particular pathogen came again into your then the lymphocytes can kill them again with the same antibodies that they used before.
- If a new pathogen comes into the body…