a) Bombing: Strategic
Bombing Vietcong targets and North Vietnam achieved some objectives.
- Vietcong supply lines were disrupted
- North Vietnam's industry and military production were damaged.
- Bombing of North Vietnam encouraged the Communist leaders to seek a negotiated end to the war.
Bombing alone could not win the war.
- The North Vietnamese war effort was disrupted and slowed down-not stopped. Vietcong supply lines continued to operate ans Sout Vietnamese towns were still attacked.
- The Vietcong a system of tunnels that bombing did not affect.
- The cost of the bombing was huge. The communists destroyed approximately 14,000 US and South Vietnamese aircraft.
b) Bombing: chemical weapons
- Much of the jungle…
Similar History resources: