KeyStudy3:Wikstrom and Tafel-The peterborough Youth Study
Aim:To investigate why young people offend.
- Cross-sectional study on 2000 from 13 state schools
- year 10 students from Peterborough
- Aged 14-15
- Data collected from offical records and the students were interviewed.
- 44.8% of males and 30.6% of females had committed at least one crime during the year 2000.
- 9.8% of males and 3.8% of females had committed a serious crime of theft.
- one in eight were reported to or caught by the police for their last offence.
- Offenders are victimised more often than non-offenders.