KeyStudy1:Farrington et el-The Cambridge study in Delinquent Development
Aim:Document the start,duration and end of offending behaviour from childhood to adulthood in families.
- To investigate the influence of life events such as;risk and protective factors predicting offending and anti-social behaviour;intergenerational transmissionof offending and the influence of family background.
- longitudinal study of 411 boys aged 8 and 9.
- born 1953-54.
- Taken from a register of six state schools in east london
- Predominately white working class
- 397 different families (14 brothers and five sets of twins)