Fundamentalist Religious Movements/ Fundamentalism
- Challenges progress and refers its followers back to the original scriptures.
- Reasserts traditional religious and moral teachings and values.
- They are against changes that have taken place within their religion which has had the impact of liberalizing or modernizing their religion.
- About a retrieval of their traditional faith and to reverse innovations.
- These movements have often used political means to further their cause.7
- It is a Conservative force, however it does promote change to go back to traditional values. ^Retrograde
a) Islamic Fundamentalism:
- 1979 Iranian Revolution was hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists and Ayatollah Khomeini reversed all of the reforms and changes implemented by the last Shah (reversed the introduction…