- Rate of population growth is expected to slow down.
- Population change is produced by natural change and migration change.
- Natural change depends on birth and death rate - More births than deaths means population increase and vice versa.
- Migration is movement of people into and out of an area or country. if immigrants exceed emmigrants, population increases.
- Change in otal global population results only form natural change as migration just alters the distribution, not numbers of people on the planet.
FALLING DEATH RATE:
- modern medicines
- better healthcare - more doctors
- more hygienic housing
- cleaner drinking water
- better sewage disposal
- better diets
- lower infant mortality
Global population is increasing but distribution across the planet is changing.
Similar Geography resources: