Unit 1: Human Growth and Development
• aspects of human growth and development throughout the different
• factors that can influence human growth, development and health
experience, including those that are inherited and those that are
acquired during our lifespan
• what it means to be healthy, and how health and well-being can be
• infancy (0–2 years)
• early childhood (2-8 years)
• adolescence (9-18 years)
• early adulthood (18-45 years)
• middle adulthood (46-65 years
• later adulthood (65+ years).
• physical skills — including gross and fine motor skills
• intellectual/cognitive ability — including thinking and language skills
• emotional development — including the formation of self-concept
• social skills — including forming relationships with others.
• genetic or inherited factors
• environmental factors.
lifestyle factors — such as diet, exercise, use of drugs, alcohol, and
• social factors — such as family,…