Types of rainfall
- Evaporation occurs in warm air as it travels across oceans and seas.
- When it reaches lands it is forced upwards if it encounters large mountains
- as the air rises it cools by 1C every 100 m.
- cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air
- when it reches dew point it condendes and this causes clouds to form
- Rain occurs on the windward slope
- when the air has passed over the mountains it starts to warm and decend.
- as warmer air can hold more water vapour evaporation occurs and the clouds dissapear
- the dry area of the mountain is…