- Created by: F.W1234
- Created on: 28-10-18 13:22
- The hormone involved in the regulation of blood glucose concentration.
- Needs to be souluble to travel in blood stream.
- Has a precise shape to fit into specific rexeptors on the cell surface.
Haemoglobin (conjugated protein)
- Conjugated proteins are proteins that contain a non-protein component called a prosthetic group, this group could be a lipid or carbohydrates.
- For example Haemogobin (is a quarternary protein) is also a conjugated protein as it has a haem group which is the prosthetic group in this case.
- A quarternary protein containing 4 prosthetic groups which bind with hydrogen peroxide and bonds speeds…