Q3a- two strenghts of the biological approach
PARA 1: STRENGTH NO. 1
- scientific method- biologicak explanations have clear variables e.g. hormones and the area of the brain that can be measured/ tacked and examined.
- research can measure effect of psychosurgery by measuring changes in symptoms
- OR effect of psychoactive drugs on certain neurotransmitters by measuring levels of neurotransmitters
- these are scientific as they fulfil the aim of scientific method/ research
PARA 2: STRENGTH NO.2
- biological explanations propose that physical elements of the body e.g. hormones cause determines identifiable behaviour.
- e.g. high levels of the neurotransmitter, DOPAMINE have been suggested as a cause for Schizophrenia