Relationships with other countries:
- Friendship with Spain- counterbalance of French power
- owed the Duke of Brittany-sheltered him from yorkists
- France and England traditional rivals
- HRE and Burgundy major trading partners
- Italy divided and competing for power.
- Focused on tarde, dynastic expansion and his succession.
- Created truces between potentially dangerous neighbours
- long term alliance with Spain- deepened by Catherine and Arthurs marriage
- Moved to absorb Brittany- weakened Eng millitary…