- Created by: erw16
- Created on: 25-01-19 11:01
There are two main alternatives to the civil courts: tribunals and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
A tribunal is an informal method of dispute resolution developed for issues arissing under the UK's 'welfare state'.
ADR: one of the key Woolf reform recommendations.
- Seperated into seven divisions with specific areas of law and four divisions for appeals.
- First-tier tribunals hear cases at the first instance, upper tribunals hear cases from the first tier.
- Possible appeal route to the Court of Appeal, and then to the Supreme Court.
- Seperate tribunal for disuptes involving employment law.
- Administrative Tribunals runs alongside the Civil Court System
- Tribunals were established to deal with sepcific…