Zürich - Public Transport System
“The best transport system in Europe”
Located in Switzerland, and is the capital city.
Global centre for banking and finance.
Switzerland has the mountain range: The Swiss Alps.
Language: German Swiss, English.
Popular modes of transport:
Schweizerische Bundesbahen (SBB):
· Train - Zürich's biggest travel and transport company.
· Travels all over Switzerland.
· 50 Swiss Francs to Zürich HB, 20 minutes from the airport.
· 327 million passengers a year.
· Fast, extensive, clean (inside and out) and reliable.
· Children under 5 are free.
· Ages 6-16 pay half price.
· Late train – (S-Bahn) – operates between 1am and 9am on a night network.
You must have a transport ticket and surcharge (night) ticket – 5 Swiss Francs.