- Created by: georgiemountford
- Created on: 16-09-19 11:55
- ATP needed to release energy to actively transport hydrogen ions out of companion cells.
- The concentration of hydrogen ions is then higher outside the companion cells, so they move back into the companion cells down their concentration gradient, via cotransporter proteins.
- Cotransporter proteins only allow hydrogen ions to diffuse back into the companion cells if accompanied by sucrose molecules.
- As the concentration of sucrose…