The liking to trade initiated after World War 2 through the World Trade System.
"The more trade, the better everyone are."
"Making trade between nations easier."
Neo-Liberals policies for trade
- Reduce barriers to trade - reduce / remove tarriffs (a tax on imports), rules and regulations that restrict trade and restrictions on capital flows.
- Reduce public spending on social services, welfare, health and education and encourage more private business activity.
- Encourage TNC investment (create the consitions necessary to attract TNCs, e.g. set up an EPZ (export processing zone) - free rent, no/low taxes, no unions etc.
- Privatise public enterprises (this means sell off any govenment owned businesses and encourage private ownership).
- Reduce any restrictions on private businesses i.e. taxes and…