Web browser software is a program that allows access to WebPages stored on the internet.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
Two types of web software:
- Browser software - used to search for and view websites
- Web development software - used to create WebPages/websites
Features of web browser software:
- Can access a webpage using a URL
- Can perform key word searches
- Can follow links
- Can use a series of menus on websites
- When creating a website the following should be considered very carefully:
House style - websites need to convey an image that reflects the organisation. It needs to fit in with other material produced by the organisation such as brochures, business cards, adverts etc.
Audience - you always need to know who your main audience will be and tailor the content, look and navigation to suit them.
Size - you need to consider the number of pages. Remember that websites often start small but begin to grow rapidly as they become popular.
Techniques used - there is a huge difference between a website for a large company produced by professional website designers and a personal website produced by someone with few design and technical skills
- Online forms
- Master pages and templates - these supply a structure for creating web pages that will follow a certain style
- Home page - the main page of a website and the most important page
- Site navigation - how easy it is to move around a website, with the minimum number of clicks
- Hyperlinks - allow you to jump from one part of…