- Created by: Alice Cullen
- Created on: 01-01-17 12:44
- Some disorders are inherited:
- Polydactyly (having extra fingers or toes) is caused by a dominant allele and can therefore be passed on by only one parent who has the disorder
- Cystic Fibrosis (a disorder of the cell membranes) is caused by a recessive allele and must therefore be inherited from both parents
- It can be passed on by parents who may be carriers of the disorder without actually having the disorder themselves
- Sickle-cell Anaemia (a disorder affecting red blood cells) is caused by a recessive allele.
- People who are heterozygous for the…