- Created by: Emma Boyle
- Created on: 24-05-15 20:07
To what extent were 'Homes fit for Heroes' created after the war?
- The housing shortage that had existed before WW1 was greately enhanced after its ending. Homes had been destroyed and furthermore, many partially blamed inadequate housing for unhealthy state of the conscripted.
- In 1918, DLG promised a 'land fit for heroes' to provide for the population which had won the war.
Addison Housing Act (1919):
- The act was passed in order to meet the demand for social housing.
- It was passed to provide subsidies to local…