- Created by: Penguin1908
- Created on: 22-09-19 18:14
- Keats was a romantic poet and was passionate about nature.
- Was worried he would leave no lasting impression on the world - this poem could've been his attempt to be remembered.
- The poem relates to his life as it comes to an end and the various changes throughout time.
- Covers three stages in autumn: when crops are ready to harvest, when animals g into hibernation, and when autumn end and winter begins.
"To Autumn" - Season of abundance/ harvest.
"Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness," - Sibilant makes this line calming fro the reader.
"maturing sun;" - The sun makes everything mature (to its perfection).
"how to load and bless" - Bless the vines that run around the thatch-eaves with fruit.
"maturing... To bend... fill, swell, plump" - Represents maturity (ripening).