- Created by: tiacoles
- Created on: 08-02-16 19:27
- A tissue is a group of cells that are specialised to work together to carry out a particular function. A tissue can contain more than one cell type.
- Squamous Epithelium Tissue is a single layer of flat cells lining a surface. It's found in the alveoli in the lungs and provides a thin exchange surface for substances to diffuse across quickly.
- Ciliated Epithelium is a layer of cells covered in cilia. Its found on surfaces where things need to be moved - the trachea.
- Xylem Tissue is a plant tissue with two jobs - it transports water around the plant, and it supports the plant. It contains xylem vessel cells and parenchyma cells.
- Phloem Tissue transports sugars around the plant. It's arranged in tubes and made up of sieve cells, companion cells, and some ordinary plant cells. Each sieve cell has end walls with holes in them, so that sap can move easily through them. These end walls are called sieve plates.
- An organ is a group of different tissues that work together to perform…