- Created by: Mia_Austin
- Created on: 04-01-20 17:50
The three main muscle tissues
- Striated (skeletal or voluntary) tissue is under conscious control, enabling us to move our bones.
- Non-Striated (smooth or involuntary) tissue is concerned with many internal body processes and functions, such as peristalsis in the digestive system.
- Cardiac tissue is found only in the heart wall. It is not under conscious control and never tires.
Characteristics of muscle tissue which contribute to muscle functioning
- Contractability: The ability to shorten and thicken.
- Irritability: The ability…