- Created by: Oliviafurniss17
- Created on: 30-04-21 11:46
UTOPIA AND DYSTOPIA
- KRISHAN KUMAR-BOOK 'UTOPIANISM'-places that 'never the less exist tantaslisingly on edge of possibiulity'
- sataitical attrack on modern society
- DIDCATIC ELEMENTS-aim to teach moral values
- utopia=traditionally masculine genre
SYSTEMS OF SOCIAL CONTROL
- her dystoia 'a meeting point of utopia and sytopia'-'both have habit of cutting hands and feet of those that dont fir in the scshem'
EXTERNAL AND INTERAL REALITY
- everyday monotomy
- narrative structure fragamented
- ehcoes her feelings of disorientataion
- nght section-her time out to revsit past
- but also gets freedom in present like scrabbe etc
MOTIFS AND DOUBLES
- anonomouswomen in rooms before her=double 'always two of us'
- 'doubled i walked the street'
- ofglen more like moiras double-mayday reistance movement
- last appearnce of janaine frighteneing-particution-holds lump of blood in hair=warnign t offred what may haopoen to her if gives up hope
SELF CONSCIOUS NARRATOIR
- alwasy draws attention to stortelling porcess
- recognises she does…