Strengths of Augustine's theodicy
- The idea that evil can arise whe people exercise freee will fits with what we see around us
- Evil appears from nowhere= shows God did not create it, so he can still be omnibenevolent
Weaknesses of Augustine's theodicy
- The concept of evil being a privation yet not part of god's creation is illogical
- Where did hell and satan come from? were they created by a loving God?
- Augustine's idea that humans egan as perfect but fell from grace goes in the opposite…