bombing Vietnam strongholds, supply lines and key cities in north Vietnam was a major part of the US strategy during the Vietnam war. Bombing Vietcong targets and NV achieved some objectives....
- Vietcong supply lines were disrupted
- NV's industry and military were badly damaged
- extensive bombing on NV encouraged the communist leaders to seek a negotiated end to the war
bombing alone however could not win the war....
- the NV war effort was disrupted and slowed down howevs not stopped
- VC lines continued to operate and SV cities continued to be attacked
- The Vietcong used a system of tunnels and underground passages that bombing could not affect
- the cost of bombing had been huge, and the communists destroyed appox. 14,000 US and SV aircraft
BOMBING: CHEMICAL WEAPONS