The Treaty of Versailles
Problems with weakening Germany too much...
- Could upset the world econonmy - trade implication, impact Britian negatively.
- Create the conditions conducive to extremism - Nazism/ Marxism.
- Upset the balance of power in Europe. Super powerful state - France.
- To happen gradually throughour Europe.
- In Germany, disarmament was to be immediate.
- Germany was to abolish conscription and reduce its army to 100,000. No tanks or large guns.
- The Rhineland was to be demilitarised to protect France as it bordered with it. To create a buffer zone.
- No military aircraft.
- Navy limited: 6 battleships, 12 destroyers, 12 torpedo boats and no subs.
- Germany lost territory of…