- Elite theorists argue that power in any society is concentrated in the hands of a minority or elite.
- In modern British society these elites and others certainly exist but it is not clear to what extent they are closed or open.
- Various studies in Britain have suggested that private schools and the top universities act as recruiting grounds for elite positions.
- This study is part of a series by the Sutton Trust analysing the educational backgrounds of those in positions of power and influence in British society.
- The aims are to find out what opportunities exist for young people today to enter elite professions and to consider whether the higher…
Similar Sociology resources: