Role of personality in the stress response:
Type A personality:
Friedman & Rosenman-
- Researched the link between personality & cardiovascular heart disease.
- Studied 3000 healthy American men & identified their personality type.
- Found that those displaying type A personality were more than twice as likely to develop CHD as people with type B.
Type A- behaviour patterns:
- Time pressure- working against the clock
- Competitiveness- Always wants to win, be the best
- Anger- Self critical, hostile
✓Used a large sample of 3000 men. Increases validity and can be…