- Created by: OneTooManyAnOpinion
- Created on: 14-11-12 18:33
Elections in Britain
- Elections are central to a democracy.
- Farrell points out, they are 'the clogs which keep the wheels of democracy properly functioning'.
- Free, competitive elections.
- In the late 20th century, millions of people gained the right to vote.
- 1994 - South Africa held it's first free election, in which previously disenfranchised millions (black South Africans who were denied the vote) were entitled to vote.
- In African continents it's likely to have a multi-party system, in which several parties will be competing, however no single party is likely…
Similar Government & Politics resources: