The Problem of Evil
1. God is wholly benevolent
2. God is omnipotent
3. There is evil and suffering in the world
This is an inconsistent triad.
In order to solve the problem of evil, it must be shown that the triad is in fact consistent (theodicy), or 1. / 2. / 3. Is not true. This problem only requires a solution is God actually exists.
· We have fallen from grace, everything was created good (God is wholly good so creates good)
· God giving us free will has resulted in moral evil.
· Natural evil is created due to fallen angels operating with Satan etc.
· The world is like a piece of art some parts that look blotches close up are required overall
o Modern logicians have suggested we could have free will and never do evil
o Angels are finitely perfect, although free to sin they will never do so. If they do then they were not flawless to start with and God must share some responsibility for…