- a receptor which detects mechanical pressure and transduces it into another form of energy.
- found on the legs,hands, ligments etc..
- looks like an onion when it's cut, the pacinian corpuscle is found in the centre of the layers of tissues, each seperated by a gel
- within the plasma membrane there are protein channels such as sodium channels.
- The sodium channel is known as stretch mediated sodium channel is…
Similar Biology resources:
Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments AQA A2 Biology PART 2 of 9 TOPICS: Receptors