- The deafest of Japan in August 1945, suddenly made it possible the fufilment of both Kin's and Syngman's dreams
The division of Korea
- Russai had agreed to join in the war against Japan
- The use of the atomic bomb meant that the USA did not need them in the end
- Soviet troops poured into Manchuria (Northern China) and into the Korean Peninsula
- There were no American troops in Korea at 2am on the morning of the 11th August
- The USA rushed troops to Korea with orders to halt at the 38th parallel, Thus Kim il Sung arrived first, in North Korea in Spetmeber 1945; Syngman Rhee arrived a month later into the American zone
The establishment of the North Korean state
- The USSR appears to have been in better prepared for how it proposed to run its occupied zone
- Kim was welcomed in Octtober 1945
- In february 1946 an Interims People's committee was set up under Kim's chairmanship
- Mant of the landowning class has co-operated with the Japanese and the junior administrators under Japanese rule now began to flee from the North and entre the US zone.
- 800,000 were eventually to cross the 38th parallel heading south
- In Septemeber 1948 an independent government was established in North Korea
- Soviet forces formally withdrew; the withdrawal was completed by Decemeber. It left behind, however, a docile puppet state. There was a well-staffed Soviet embassy and Soviet mission; a host of Soviet advisers and technicians directed the reviving heavy industry of the North.
- The Key institution came to be the NKPA (North Korean People's army) established in February 1948. It was placed under soviet- trained commanders like Kim with a plentiful supply of advisers (150 per division) and Soveit equipment.
- The NKPA enjoyed a privileged position inside North Korea in terms of food and…
Similar History resources: