The Missouri Compromise
- There was a balance between slave and free states: 11:11.
- However, the House of Representatives was dominated by the Northern states as the North was more populated than the South.
- Missouri applied for statehood in 1819. It was settled mostely by Southerners, so applied to become a slave state.
- Northerners worried that allowing slavery in Missouri would lead to slavery spreading into other territories.
- Southerners wanted equal representation in the senate, especially in…