- Created by: Ben Phillips
- Created on: 01-05-11 09:23
The Key Players in Climate Change
- Exon, Mobil, BP etc fund research to prove that global warming is natural
- TNCs have changed their attitudes because:
- It isn't morally right to destroy the environment
- High oil prices
- Increased movement by governments to stop carbon emissions
- Will increase profits in the long run
Why are businesses reacting to climate change?
- Sustainable transport and infrastructure needs R+D= New market
- May damage their profits in the long run
- Some businesses are labelled "climate crusaders", because of the work they do to combat climate change= Boost popularity&profits
- Examples: Wal-Mart, Greenpeace etc.