- Group 1 elements are- Lithium, Sodium, Potassium, Rubidium, Caesium and Francium.
- They are also known as alkali metals.
- They ave one electron in their outer shell of their atom.
- They are vicious when they react. Most of them are corrosive.
- They are hard to find. They are mostly, found as a compounds.
- Potassium, Lithium and sodium are the top of the reactivity series.
- This is because they react violently when water is brought closer to these elements.
- Potassium in water-
- Lithium in water-
- Sodium in water-
Properties of alkali metals-
- They are…