Henry II had 4 sons with Eleanor of Aquittaines:
- Young Henry: 1155-1183, made Joint King of England in 1170, rebelled 1173.
- Richard I: 1157-1199. Married Alice, 2nd Daughter of Louis VII. Duchy of Aquittaine 1172, rebelled 1173, made King of England 1189.
- Geoffery: 1158-1186. Married Constance (Brittany) 1160. Duchy of Brittany 1169. Rebelled 1173.
- John: 1167-1216. No inheritance. Rebelled, but secretly. King of England 1199.
- Young Henry was frustsrated by the lack of responsibility he was given in England, Normandy and Anjou.
- Richard, and Eleanor, also frustrated by Richards lack of power in Aquittaine.
- William the Lion angry over border disputes in Northumbria and Cumbria.
- Louis VII is threatened by Henry II's power as he surrounds his land. He also supports Richard's cause, as he is married to Louis's daughter.
- Barons felt persecuted by Henry's reforms, as well as being angry over absenteeism and Beckett. Main…