The events leading to war in 1914.
- Most countries thought that the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was a localised matter that would be dealt with between Serbia and Austria - Hungary.
- It is highly unlikely that Serbia formed the black hand gang and performed the assassination to begin a war with Austria - Hungary because they had just come out of the Balkan wars and needed time to recover before even considering a war with Austria - Hungary.
- The leader of the war party in Austria - Hungary was Conrad Von Hotzendorf.
- He was leader of the Austrian army and a close friend of the Archdukes.
- Between the beginning of 1913 and June 1914 he…