PRIMARY INDUSTRY: extraction of raw materials from the ground or the sea
SECONDARY INDUSTRY: manufacturing of goods using raw materials from primary industry
TERTIARY INDUSTRY: Involves the provision of different services
Farming is classified as a primary industry:
- Subsistence Farming is when crops and animals are produced by a farmer to feed their family rather than take it to market.
- Commercial farming when crops and animals are produced to sell at market for a profit.
- Arable farms grow crops
- Pastoral farms rear animals
- Extensive farming is where a relatively small amount of produce is generated from a large area of farmland. Inputs will be low with low labour.
- Intensive farming is where a large amount of produce is generated from a relatively small area of land. Inputs will be high to achieve a high yield per hectare.
- Organic Farming is environmentally friendly without using chemicals
- Set aside: where a certain proportion of a farmers…