Act One - P.g 18-21
- Abigail gets touchy when the topic of Goody Procter and her reputation being soiled is brought up.
- Abigail has the most power in the conversation as she is witholding information.
- Parris threatens her and pleads with her to try and get Abigail to tell the truth.
- "Child sit down" (pg. 19) - Example of inversion - shows the langage of the time.
- Powershift from Parris to Abigail (pg. 19)
- Abigail is not scared of Parris
- Abigail wants Pariss to clear her name "Uncle, the rumour...I'll sit with her" (pg. 18)
- Theme of reputation
- The exchange between Abigail and Parris is interogative
Abigail's relationship with Goody Procter -
- Foreshadows what is going to…