ACT 1 - Parris' house, Spring 1692
- Parris accuses Abigail of dancing with Tituba in the forest to cause witchcraft and make Betty ill.
- Abigial threatens to hurt the other girls if they tell anyone about the potion she drank to kill Proctor's wife.
- Proctor enters and Abigail denies that Betty's illness is caused by witchcraft.
- Hale arrives - witchcraft expert.
- Abigial accuses Tituba of calling the Devil, Tituba confesses and accuses others.
- Abigail and Betty join in with accusing others.
ACT 2 - Proctor's house, a week later
- Elizabeth tells John to stop the witchcraft trials that have started by telling them Abigail is lying.
- Mary Warren returns from Salem, 39 women have been jailed, she gives Elizabeth a doll.
- Hale questions Elizabeth.
- Corey and Giles enter - their wives have been arrested.
- Elizabeth is arrested because …
Similar English Literature resources: