Yeat's uses dancing as an image of transcendence/ ideal responsiveness to beauty and art.
"The cat went here and there"
- not inspired - doesn't have art (the moon) to control him.
"The moon spun round like a top"
- the gyre - history spins around.
- crazy - lunatic.
"the nearest kin of the moon"
- cat and the moon are related - the cat is responsive to it - art/beauty.
- uses lunar kindredship as a metaphor for general aesthetic responsiveness.
"For, wander and wail as he would,"
- can't escape the moon - artists cannot escape art.
- totally emmersed.
"The pure cold light in the sky - Troubled his animal blood."
- moon troubles him - irritates him.
- animal blood = heart.
- art can cause pain - can't escape it.
"Minnaloushe runs in the grass"