1. Black death also known as Black plague - one of most deadly pandemics in human history.
2. Thought to have originated in Central Asia and to have spread to Europe during 1340s.
3. Total number of deaths worldwide estimated at 75 million people - approximately 25-50 million died in Europe.
4. Estimated to have killed 30 to 60% of Europe's population.
5. May have reduced world's population from estimated 450 million to 350-375 million in 1400.
6. Thought to have returned every generation until 1700s. More than 100 plague epidemics swept across Europe during this time.
7. In 1603…