The activites of the Klu Klux Klan
- The Klu Klux Klan preached intolerance and spread fear amoungst blacks.
- Many whites joined the Klan believing they were sticking up for traditional American values.
- The Klan had been formed in 1866 just after the American civil war and became the focus for racist whites.
- It was disbanded but reformed in 1915 now opposed to Catholics, Jews and all foreigners as well as blacks.
- Between 1920 and 1925 the Klan had about 5 million members.
- This included many judges, policemen and local politicians.
- Some joined because of the excitement.
- Some joined because of fear of what might happen if they did…